A page just for our Confirmation class students and families.
2018 – 2019 Calendar
- We are currently in Lent. 8th graders are working on their faith statements (see the next tab on this page)
- April 24: The last Wednesday of April after Easter will be the last of the Big 10. Pastor Mark will not cover all of the commandments but at least seven; by now the youth have a good picture of these gifts.
- May 1 – Pizza Party & Ice Cream for all the youth. Emma & Carmen will be planning games and activities. Normal confirmation time 5:45 – 7:15.
- May 8 – Celebration for mentors by the parents of the program. Normal confirmation time 5:45 – 7:15.
The Confirmation Lesson Plan for 2018-19 is available here. (updated November 2018) This document provides the details for every Wednesday through May 2019. Learning Events, Small Group Events, Family Events and more (just watch out for occasional changes).
Looking for the next time you Acolyte? Check that out on Faith’s Calendar page.
About Faith’s Confirmation program…
Faith Lutheran Church’s Confirmation program is a three year curriculum for sixth through eight graders. Many details were covered by Pastor Mark during the September 5 parent meeting at Faith on this Orientation sheet. The curriculum prepares the students to become an adult member of the church via their confirmation in the fall of their ninth grade year. The program in 2018/2019 focuses on “Yo Credo!” (I believe) and “The Big 10!” (commandments). Roughly every Wednesday night during the school year, the students meet at 5:45 at Faith for a lesson, family activity, or other event, and that goes until around 7:15.
Faith statements will be presented at church this Sunday, April 7. The first service will have Gunner, Sydney, Corbin, Grace, Lucas, & Sophia. The second service will have Gus, Savanna, Owen, Ava, & Jacob.
Also, confirmands will get their robes on April 7. Please have them cleaned and ready for April 14 (Palm Sunday) when we will practice the confirmation service, and do group and individual pictures.
REMINDER: Please send infant and baptism pictures to Pastor Mark for use during the Confirmation service on April 28.
Major Key Dates
March 10: between services meeting with Mentor Troy and Pastor Mark to begin selecting a Bible Verse and steps toward a faith essay March 31: 1:30 – 5 p.m. Retreat either at Faith
April 7: Sharing of Faith Statements at worship (8 & 10:30)
April 14: Noon. Affirmation of Baptism service practice and Pictures
April 28: 10:30 Confirmation Day
March 21:10 days to our Spring Retreat! Sunday, March 31 from about 1:30 to 7:30, Pastor Mark, Pia, and myself will all be meeting together with these 11 wonderful young adults. More details on that later, but for now…
- 300 words typed (about a page)
- Begin with your selected bible verse and explore why you chose that verse.
- Continue with your faith journey, including things such as:
- What does it mean to you that you are affirming your baptism?
- In the Rite of Affirmation of Baptism you:
- Promise to live among God’s faithful people. What does this mean?
- Promise to hear God’s Word and Share in the supper. What does this mean?
- Promise to proclaim the Good News of Jesus in word and deed. What does this mean?
- Promise to follow Jesus by serving people with justice and peace. What does this mean?
- Select an area of confirmation (or for some, Sunday School or other related events) that meant the most to you and explain why. The areas of learning include (but are not limited to): Baptism, Holy Communion, The Bible, What does it mean to be a Lutheran? Apostles Creed, Lord’s Prayer, 10 commandments, servant events, celebration events, or Pizza night.
- Specific ways that you will continue to nurture and use your faith after confirmation, including your involvement in your church home, Faith.